Re: ORA-00942

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:44:45 +1000

"ShravanaKumar" <shravanakumar.ks_at_siemens.com> wrote in message news:3E50C9A6.BC443B76_at_siemens.com...
> Hi All,
>
> We are using oracle 9.2.0 on solaris 8.
>
> I created a user called "test" in my "test" database. I get the
> following error,
> when i execute the following at SQL> prompt.
>
> SQL> show parameter
> ORA_00942: table or view does not exist.
>
> But, the same will work, if connect as a sysdba.
>
> Can some one tell what is the problem with my user ?

Hi ShravanaKumar,

The problem with your user is that it doesn't have sufficient DD privileges.

Check out the chapter on Privileges in the Administration manual for all the details.

Howard Rogers would probably recommend granting the DBA role in such a case but it might be a little OTT (actually, that's just my little joke, don't do it !!)

Cheers

Richard Received on Mon Feb 17 2003 - 07:44:45 CST