Re: Size of "0" versus NULL ?

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 06:20:48 GMT

How about finding out yourself. Do a vsize on a row and column that has a 0 for the number
select vsize(myColWith_zero) from mytable where to chose a specific row.

You are probably talking 1 or 2 bytes for a 0 and 1 byte for a null so it's not a lot of space and how do you distinguish a null from a 0 then?(no data from a value)
Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure