Re: installing oracle9 lite on linux

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 19:14:34 +0100

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:42:49 +0100, RotMistrz wrote:

> Hello.
> Do you know where I can find some installation guide
> considering installing Oracle9 Lite on linux systems ?
> On www.oracle.com there is only installation guide on
> windows systems.
>
> I have found several problems (Mandrake 9.0):
> Should I install it from X-window mode or commnad line ?
> After unpacking files I've run file "./runInstaller" from command line mode.
> It required to set ORACLE_HOME variable. I dont konw what this
> variable should contain - path to unpacked files or path to place where I
> want install oracle to?
>
> After that I have to set another variable "DISPLAY".
> I don't know what to do with it.
>
> So, some kind of manual would be greetly needed.
>
> Regards

This url:

http://otn.oracle.com/products/lite/htdocs/o9ilite_datasheet.htm

clearly states that Linux is not supported.

<quote>
Supported Platform

As for your questions, ORACLE_HOME generally is an environment variable that points to a directory where Oracle will reside.

In non-Oracle speak this just means a path to the top level directory of Oracle.

You can find more, much MUCH more about Oracle installation rquirements in the accompanying docs.

Cheers,

dmz17 Received on Sun Feb 16 2003 - 12:14:34 CST