installing oracle9 lite on linux

From: RotMistrz <555_at_impreza.neostrada.pl>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:42:49 +0100

Hello.
Do you know where I can find some installation guide considering installing Oracle9 Lite on linux systems ? On www.oracle.com there is only installation guide on windows systems.

I have found several problems (Mandrake 9.0): Should I install it from X-window mode or commnad line ? After unpacking files I've run file "./runInstaller" from command line mode. It required to set ORACLE_HOME variable. I dont konw what this variable should contain - path to unpacked files or path to place where I want install oracle to?

After that I have to set another variable "DISPLAY". I don't know what to do with it.

So, some kind of manual would be greetly needed.

Regards Received on Sun Feb 16 2003 - 11:42:49 CST