Re: Databases & the Internet

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:22:07 +0100

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 06:05:22 +0000, Tim Corke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am trying to create an online web application using Oracle 9i. I have
> a form created in Forms Builder and heard that it creates its own Java
> applet depending on how the initialisation is set up. What would be
> the best way to implement this would be. I need to research this for a
> project team, is ASP, PHP, usinng Oracle's own web application
> software the best way to go about this? Any other ideas?
>
> Are there any good sites that would explain these topics in further
> detail.
> Many Thanks

For a new project, without any prior experience, for a Web Application:

I'd NEVER use Oracle forms. You can get up and running in 30 minutes using their JDeveloper with BC4J. And you'd be building on something that probably does have a future. And you'd not need to install anything but the OC4J part of 9iAS.

Cheers,
dmz17 Received on Sun Feb 16 2003 - 11:22:07 CST