Re: Databases & the Internet

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:00:03 GMT

timbono1_at_hotmail.com (Tim Corke) wrote in news:679f10e2.0302160605.507f5e33_at_posting.google.com:

> Hi,
>
> Am trying to create an online web application using Oracle 9i. I have
> a form created in Forms Builder and heard that it creates its own Java
> applet depending on how the initialisation is set up. What would be
> the best way to implement this would be. I need to research this for a
> project team, is ASP, PHP, usinng Oracle's own web application
> software the best way to go about this? Any other ideas?
>
> Are there any good sites that would explain these topics in further
> detail.
> Many Thanks

You certainly know some buzz words & acronyms. I "assume" that when you mention "oracle 9i", you are refering to the 9i Database. Right?

You neglected to specify which version of "Forms Builder" and this MATTERS!

You can create webforms with certian versions of Oracle's Forms Builder, but typically these require 9iAS (R1 or R2) to interface between the user & the DB. Received on Sun Feb 16 2003 - 09:00:03 CST