question about sequences.

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 18:17:04 GMT

I got a trick question in an interview and I dont know if what I said was write. It was a written exam so I couldnt ask.

Someone does

select sequence.nextval
  from dual;

you get two sequence numbers back. All I could think of was that someone inserted a second row into dual.

Could any other reason lead to two sequence numbers being returned? Received on Sat Feb 15 2003 - 12:17:04 CST