Re: Replicating triggers and procedures

From: Ralf Fernan <ralphfernan.nospam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:28:51 GMT

The manual refers to disabling replication on "Replicated Triggers". It does not say anything about Triggers that are not replicated. (See extract of manual below.) I presume that means that the Trigger 'X' is in the replication group, along with Tables A and B. The other case is that X is not in the replication group. What is the difference? I mean, if the replicated trigger fires on the remote site, DBMS_REPUTIL.FROM_REMOTE will return TRUE, and the remote trigger would not update remote Table B. On the other hand, if I don't put Trigger X in the replication group, then does DBMS_REPUTIL.FROM_REMOTE also return TRUE when X fires due to a replication change in Table A on the remote node?
Thanks for clarifying.

"Anurag Varma" <avdbi_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:v4oo2mbs2gvn06_at_corp.supernews.com...
> #2 + a condition on the trigger not to fire when the data
inserted/deleted/updated is coming via replication.
> So yes, an update to Table A will also cause the trigger to fire on the
remote node causing possible corruption
> .. assuming we are talking about a trigger which fires on update.
>
> Thus if Trigger on table A fires and updates Table B ... The update will
be replicated ... and thus Trigger needs to