Re: Script to query data dictionary and post message to alert log| mail results

From: Vincento Harris <wumutek_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2003 11:11:47 -0800

mngong_at_yahoo.com (michael ngong) wrote in message news:<ecf365d5.0302120721.7b3184bd_at_posting.google.com>...
> Trying to monitor long running queries from v$session_longops and
> v$session and allow the supplied procedure dbms_system.kdswrt to write
> errors to alert log with a custom created ORA# or mail the results
> alternatively.This should permit a third party tool to pick it up
> or the results could be mailed directly to certain users.
> I have not succeeded in making it work and would appreciate some
> expert help
> Thanks
> Mike

What is the issue here?
1)Is the problem how to communicate to some one what is going on at the time within the database?
2)Or do you want to know if kdswrt can accept passed on values.Get back to me with your response and I could look at it more.

Thanks Vicento Received on Fri Feb 14 2003 - 13:11:47 CST