possible to use alter system or alter session commands dynamically?

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 14 Feb 2003 05:55:07 -0800

I asked this in another thread related to a specific task and got an answer on how to do that task, which I appreciate.

However, I'm still wondering if its possible to do this?

I tried:

 EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION '':1,:2'''      USING v_sid, v_serial#;

and it gave me some kind of parsing error. Is it functionally possible to do this? Dont need to use it now. Just really curious. Its not in the documentation. Received on Fri Feb 14 2003 - 07:55:07 CST