Re: IOUG Conference

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2003 21:49:02 -0800

Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:<3E4C0439.9020900_at_netscape.net>...
> Chuck wrote:
> > Harry Boswell <hboswel1_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in
> >

> >>I've never attended one of these - I've rarely been in the position of
> >>having a manager who would consider it. But now the possibility
> >>exists. Is the upcoming conference in Orlando worth the cost and time
> >>invested, or is this just a glorified marketing seminar?
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Harry Boswell
> >>

> > Absolutely. There are excellent classes to be taken for virtually every
> > Oracle related subject and lots of opportunity to evaluate 3rd party vendor
> > solutions. I go whenever I have the chance.
>
> I second that!

A word of advice - don't bother with the sunday classes. After 4 days of seminars from 8:30 to 6 - you won't have any brain capacity for absorbing any more.
make sure you get a copy of the proceedings on CDROM. Stay at the preferred hotel, its a blast, and the local brewpub ain't bad.
Shula's is well worth the price, if you like beef.

hope to see you there.

Paul Received on Thu Feb 13 2003 - 23:49:02 CST