Re: Metalink for developers?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:50:52 -0800

Bill Lucas wrote:

> Thank you very much...
>
> Just what I was hoping for...
>
> Regards,
> Bill
>
> "koert54" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote in message
> > ftp oracle-ftp.oracle.com - anonymous logon
> >
> > -> contains *almost* all patches
> >
> > "Bill Lucas" <Homebrew42_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > "Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message

> > > just

> > > I wasn't the one that downloaded it, so I didn't read any license...
> > Thanks
> > > for the response though.
> > >
> > > I do find it somehwhat odd that Oracle wouldn't make these patches
> > available
> > > to their development community. Especially for products in highly
> > > controlled indrustries like the pharmeceutical industry where Validation
> > and
> > > Qualification are big issues and rigorous testing is required before
> > making
> > > anyy changes to production servers...
> > >
> > > Anyway we are looking into purchasing the bare esentials so to speak so
> we
> > > can gain access to the metalink site.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Bill

Also if you read the license you would know that Oracle does not allow you to develop in the free download version. That download version is for demo and evaluation purposes. If you are using it for development you are technically in violation of the agreement you made with Oracle for the download.

Go to http://store.oracle.com and get yourself a legal copy. It isn't very expensive.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Feb 13 2003 - 17:50:52 CST