Re: Synchronous DB replication

From: Ralf Fernan <ralphfernan.nospam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 23:23:46 GMT

I was wondering about how widespread synchronous replication is, and also what is the alternative solution. I don't have a good grip of how critical conflicts can be resolved with asynchronous replication, when asynchronous replication is used. For example, in a financial transaction, I and somebody else (on my behalf )could overdraw my account by near-simultaneous withdrawals in different geographic locations. How would asynchronous replication work in this case?