Re: Oracle Initialisation slowness

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 06:54:26 -0800

Hoang C wrote:

> Make sure you don't use much swap space. Use physical memory and configure
> share/sem correctly as in manual
> Regards,
> CH
> "julius99" <member24503_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I work with Oracle7 Serveur Release 7.3.4.0.0
> > My OS is UNIX SCO
> > I am a newbie with Oracle configuration
> > At the beginning all work very well.
> > But now, when i run "svrmgrl" or "sqlplus", it take 5 mins to launch
> > I see this :
> > $svrmgrl
> >
> > Oracle Server Manager Release 2.3.4.0.0 - Production
> > Copyright ...
> >
> > and it is here that the program is slow because i must wait 5
> > minutes to see :
> > Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.4.0.0 - Production
> > ..
> > SVRMGR>
> >
> > I have the same problem when i want exit this program (wait of 2
> > minutes)
> >
> > Anyone know why oracle is suddently too slow ??
> >
> > --

In addition I would strongly urge you to get a copy of Oracle, and an operating system, that have been sold in the last decade. This software is Paleolithic and is not a good place to be studying either. Anything less than 8.1.7.4 makes little sense.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Feb 13 2003 - 08:54:26 CST