oracle 8.1.7 and RH 7.3

From: Paul Kairis <kairis_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:12:06 GMT

I have RH 7.3 with the system and security updates. I d/l 8.1.7 and installed it. The install is successful so is the linking.

Then the Net8 wizard comes up and sets up the listener ok. Then the database wizard comes up and upon initializing the db, it gives me an error ORA-03113.

I checked on the web and this error appears if the listener is not working. I do a 'lsnrctl status' and it is up and running.

Any suggestions what to check next would be appreciated.

Paul Received on Thu Feb 13 2003 - 08:12:06 CST