Oracle Initialisation slowness

From: julius99 <member24503_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:56:09 +0000

Hi,

I work with Oracle7 Serveur Release 7.3.4.0.0 My OS is UNIX SCO
I am a newbie with Oracle configuration
At the beginning all work very well.
But now, when i run "svrmgrl" or "sqlplus", it take 5 mins to launch I see this :
$svrmgrl

Oracle Server Manager Release 2.3.4.0.0 - Production Copyright ...

and it is here that the program is slow because i must wait 5 minutes to see :
Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.4.0.0 - Production ..
SVRMGR> I have the same problem when i want exit this program (wait of 2 minutes)

Anyone know why oracle is suddently too slow ??