Re: Database synchronization - München

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:26:42 +0100

DA Morgan wrote:

> Thomas wrote:
>

>>I have one production database and one identical database (structure)
>>on a different network.
>>
>>Each night, I need track the changes (insertions) that have taken
>>place on the production database and then affect them on the offline
>>system. Note that content of the online system that is old gets
>>deleted whereas on the offline system, it sticks around forever: I am
>>just tracking the inserts.
>>
>>exporting the database to a file would be a possibility if it checked
>>changes at the row level as opposed to the table level. But since it
>>doesn't and besides the output won't contain all the old deleted
>>stuff, export is not an option.
>>
>>Is there a clever way to use archive logs or *whatever* to simply get
>>a file containing insert statements that can be ftp'd over to the
>>offline system?
>

> Go to http://tahiti.oracle.com and look into log replication.
>
> Apply the redo logs from your production database to the stand-by.
>
> And please do not cross-post. I have removed the cross-post to
> c.d.o.misc.
>
> Daniel Morgan

Unfortunately, this won't help the OP, since he only want to catch the inserts (don't know what he's going to do with the updates, though).

But perhaps what he describes and what he really needs are not the same?

Replication (not log replication) might be what he's after...

Holger Received on Thu Feb 13 2003 - 02:26:42 CST