plsxml setup yields errors with checkdeps.sql

From: Bill Lucas <Homebrew42_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:09:35 GMT

Hello all,

Here is a screen shot of the info I get back when running checkdeps.sql on our Oracle Server Version information included in screen shot

Connected to:
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production

SQL> @checkdeps.sql
DECLARE
*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error
ORA-06512: at "SYS.OWA_UTIL", line 315
ORA-06512: at "SYS.HTP", line 859
ORA-06512: at "SYS.HTP", line 974
ORA-06512: at "SYS.HTP", line 992
ORA-06512: at line 10

Can anyone help with these errors? Am I missing something? Oracle is still a foreign entity to me, and I will freely admit my ignorance in this case.

Can anyone point me in a direction to try?

For the interested we are starting to rewrite our application for an oracle backend. We are currently investigating the various methods of getting xml out of an oracle database. We are still ruinning against 8i and are planning on developing to that platform. We can not use 9i as our customer surveys indicated most are still running 8.x.x and are reluctant to upgrade to 9i. So if there are better ways to get XML out of the database please let me know... One of the things the dbxml package looked like it allowed was custome tag names which we find very desirable. Any information on this would be welcome.

Regards,
Bill Lucas Received on Wed Feb 12 2003 - 16:09:35 CST