Re: error correction desupport?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:46:29 +0100

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:14:35 +0800, Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>After a while, this becomes EAS, you can phone and get help, advice etc,
>but if you find a bug, then oracle are under no obligation to fix it
>unless you can reproduce it in a later version which is still under ECS
>(ie you have to upgrade).

AFAIK, Oracle explicitly excludes what they call 'backports'. With the current speed of development, they almost never fix anything in an 'older' release like 8.1.7, they fix everything in 9i, even if it applies to 8i as well. Under ECS you can demand a backport, under EAS or EMS you can't

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Feb 12 2003 - 14:46:29 CST