Re: DBMS_JOB.remove

From: Jens Toft <toftnews_at_yahoo.ie>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 20:12:30 -0000

Hi Matthias,

That's an odd question in this context..?

However, if you do refer to the directness of my approach (as opposed to dropping the table by deleting from tab$), rather than using undocumented (possibly even unsupported) packages as they're currently discussing elsewhere in the thread (DBMS_IJOB) - I would still go with my own option.

This option can be traced in relation to impact on other parts of the database and instance of which there so far seems to be none (there're no triggers or other).

In fact, tracing dbms_job.remove using log miner reveals that the remove procedure does exactly this, as well (deletes one row from the job$ table) and nothing else.

Therefore I would deem it 'safe' to use my previously approach to remove jobs for other users.

After all, with tables you can at least drop a table in another schema than your own, given that you have the necessary privileges - this option doesn't exist with the DBMS_JOB package.

Best regards,

/Mort

"Matthias Rogel" <rogelREMOVE_at_THISweb.de> wrote in message news:b2crn7$1bgc0l$1_at_ID-86071.news.dfncis.de...
> hi jens
>
> Jens Toft wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > If you're brave, you can delete the job directly from the job$ table as
SYS.