Re: Multiple instance with multiple version of Oracle

From: Useko Netsumi <usenets_at_nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:53:16 -0500

Thank you Howards, it seems that I have to use the1st option(have 2 instances running)

Just to explain my reason, that I have a very limited resources(diskspace, memory, and an AMD box) . Diskspace I can add an external SCSI but I have limited memory.

It would be nice if I can find a workaround to create both 9i and 8i database in the same box using one(1) instance only - so it does not take up more memory. I guess what I'm asking is that can oracle share SGA with different version of Oracle? Does it make any sense?

Thanks again in advance.

PS: Please forgive my lack of knowledge...