Multiple instance with multiple version of Oracle

From: Useko Netsumi <usenets_at_nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:37:23 -0500

First, would it be possible to run 2 Oracle instances with different version of Oracle(8i and 9i)? If it possible, how do we go with the 'oracle:dba' account home directory?. Do we have to have 2 oracle account with group dba? Or, can we get away with one oracle account with the same home directory?

Second, I just have to ask, can we run 1 oracle instances with 2 version of Oracle(9i & 8i) so I can create 9i DB as well 8i DB? Thanks Received on Wed Feb 12 2003 - 10:37:23 CST