Re: 2 b4 update triggers, what is fire sequence?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:32:53 +1100

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:40:37 +0800, Connor McDonald wrote:

> From what i've seen its based on the object_id, but lets face it, thats a
> disaster waiting to happen if you rely on that...drop/recreate a trigger
> and you are toast. If you need order, use one trigger. If you can't
> change the COTS one, then the other cannot depend on it in any way
>
> hth
> connor

Last time I did any testing, object_id had nothing very much to do with anything, and the randomness of the results seemed to imply that if it did depend on object_id, there was a 'times by sysdate' in there somewhere.

But I stand to be corrected.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Feb 12 2003 - 04:32:53 CST