How to do system copy by export/import of a SAP database

From: Belinda <belindacur_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Feb 2003 22:10:44 -0800

Hi All

I want to do make a copy of our development SAP system running on Oracle 817 called DEV to another system called TST. I want to use the Oracle
export and import utility to create a full dump of DEV and import this to TST.

I cannot use a backup and restore of DEV to TST since the space on TST is smaller than DEV. But there is lot of unused space in DEV. TST already as a
oracle database I have shut the oracle instance on TST and deleted all the data files, redo log files and control files. How can I now import the dump from DEV to TST can I make Oracle to create the instance/database on TST and then import the contents of DEV into TST. Please provide me some advice on this. If possible if you have some scripts for the same.

Thanks
Belinda Received on Wed Feb 12 2003 - 00:10:44 CST