db connections cost.. (~10/sec)

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:36:44 GMT

Is there are any way to measure the performance hit (if any) made by a lot of connections?

We have an app server, that is so )&*)*( .... not perfect, that it restarts after 40 requests.. which results in over 500 logins per minute

  1 select logons, mins, logons/mins from   2 (select (sysdate-startup_time)*24*60 mins from v$instance) a,   3* (select value as logons from v$sysstat where name='logons cumulative') b
SQL> /     LOGONS MINS LOGONS/MINS

   3513031 6211.21667 565.594663

We are running in MTS mode, so starting up and disposing a new process is not an issue, but is there are a way to determine the overall impact this is having on the machine?

Thanks

We use Oracle 8.1.7.3 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Tue Feb 11 2003 - 11:36:44 CST