Re: Intriguing server connection problems on Windows 2000

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:21:03 GMT

"Norman Dunbar" <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote in message news:E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA7034A25BA_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk...
> Flavio,
>
> thankfully you found it - I'd never have suspected that !!!
>
> Cheers,
> Norman.

It's unbelievable that I only found it out because after many unsuccesful attempts I finally tried with TRCROUTE and it returned that weird error code 65. I mean, if I had authorized TRCROUTE in the past, it would simply work fine and I wouldn't get a grip. Ping was working fine, moreover the problem was on the local client so TRCROUTE is "theoretically" useless. Luckily enough there was that message, among dozen of insignificant ones, ringing the bell of the stealth Zone Alarm service... Wow, I feel better now, but it took me almost 2 days to figure it out.

Thanks and bye,
Flavio Received on Tue Feb 11 2003 - 10:21:03 CST