I/O waits

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: 11 Feb 2003 15:24:14 GMT

Platform: Oracle 8.1.7

I have a script that runs every 10 minutes to check the response time of a query on one of my databases. At the end I am reporting on what events it waited on. I frequently see I/O waits much higher than I expect and would like to see which datafiles it's waiting on. Is there a way to report which datafiles the query accessed and how much time was spent waiting for each one? I know I can query v$session_wait to see what files are being accessed at any given moment, but that's not what I want. I want to see the total time waited on each datafile but just for the one session.

Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Feb 11 2003 - 09:24:14 CST