Memory Question regarding 32-bit 8i

From: Rhugga <ccarson_NOBLEEPING_SPAM_at_syrrx.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 06:52:46 -0800

We run 32-bit 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 8 64-bit. We currently have 4gb systems but want to upgrade to 8gb. Can the 32-bit version of 8.1.7.4 utilize more than 4gb?

We plan to go to 9i but we have a score of 3rd party, crappily written, biotech applications that must be migrated, so this is a very long term project.

If there is a 4gb limitation on the 32-bit version, is it a very difficult process migrating from 32-bit 8.1.7.4 to 64-bit?

Thx,
CC

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Tue Feb 11 2003 - 08:52:46 CST