Re: Oracle Server System Specs

From: OctoPrime <OctoPrime_at_NOSPAMWhiteHouse.gov>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:47:55 -0500

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:26:40 -0500, Michael Wisenbaker wrote:

Depends on what you are gonna do. For 9i you need about 2 gigs of disk for the installation, 512 megs of RAM. As with any DB the more disk you can throw at it the better it will perform. Be aware of your backup and storage requrements. You may want to allocate disk space to archive logs and hot backups to disk. This is in addition to data and indexes. I have an old (mid 90's) HP netserver that I installed Red Hat and 9i on. It has 4 pentium pro CPUs(i think 200mhz) and 1 gig of ram. It does well for what I use it.(creating small development databases).

Hope that helps.

Prime