Re: ORA 600 on Oracle 9.2.0

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 11 Feb 2003 01:45:14 -0800

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3E47E404.9D070EAB_at_exesolutions.com>...

> > > Nothing you are doing is directly responsible for ORA-00600. This is an
> > > unhandled internal Oracle error. Open an iTAR at http://metalink.oracle.com
> > > and get your money's worth on your support contract.

> > I don't think so, Daniel. I'm getting exactly the same error with this
> > query as well. However, when I've tried:

> This isn't subject to interpretation. The definition of an ORA-00600 is what > it is. Here is a direct quote from http://tahiti.oracle.com

> ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [num], [], [],[],[],[]
>
> An actual message might appear as follows:
>
> ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [1042], [3], [upilam], [], [], []
> If you receive an ORA-00600 message, report it to Oracle Support Services.

> Pay special attention to the last sentence.

Maybe it will be suprising for you Daniel, but I know exactly what ORA-0600 means. I've encountered these many times in the past. Mr. Ramanujam told us that he *WILL* contact support and just wanted others to try this one.
I've just replied to him that this looks like a general issue, not his special one. Probably will be corrected in next patch. Copy/paste of ORA-0600 definition was done here many times before and didn't brought much new information to this discussion. Just my personal opinion.

P.S. In contrary with copy/pasted statement from Oracle, reporting ORA-0600 is *NOT* always necessary, especially on 8is there were some ORA-0600 which means just some user error and there is no need to report them. These ORA-0600 got proper error code in 9i, so it's not an issue anymore.

With regards

Dusan Bolek Received on Tue Feb 11 2003 - 03:45:14 CST