Re: Newbie Question, Please help!

From: Frank <someone_at_microsoft.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2003 21:41:48 GMT

Wow that's easy, is there any way that you can run this per tablespace? Or do you pretty much just run it against the instance and it works for all the tablespaces in the instance. The reason i ask is because this is the way they worded it:

  1. Log off every user in the program.
  2. Run the following validation against all tablespaces in the Program instance
      declare
      begin
      validate_dependencies_all;
      end;
      /

So they mean run it against the instance right? Or is there some special way you have to run it against each tablespace.. I don't know, i'm just a newbie. :( Thanks

Frank

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3E47E7C1.3EB74248_at_exesolutions.com...
> Frank wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to make my oracle database work with one of my applications
and I
> > was told that I needed to run a validation script against everyone of my
> > tablespaces. Now i know how to run scripts against an instance, but not
> > tablespace. I asked the software support people how to do it and the guy
> > talked to said well you need an Oracle DBA there and he should do it for
> > you, if you don't have one, then we can't help you. What a bunch of
crock. I
> > got this script from their knowledge base, i just don't know how to
execute
> > them, please help!
> >
> > declare
> > begin
> > validate_dependencies_all;
> > end;
> > /
> >
> > Is this done in SQL Plus? I am running Oracle 8.1.7 on a Windows 2000
> > server. Thanks again!
> >
> > Frank
>
> What is VALIDATE_DEPENDENCIES_ALL? It certainly isn't in my 8i or 9i
instances.
> And why are you running it? Based on the name it seems to be meaningless
unless
> there is a problem.
>
> But assuming someone internal to your organization created it log on in
SQL*Plus