Re: Application Server 9.0.2 and Installation

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:38:21 +0100

Howard J. Rogers wrote:
> Anyway, the answer is:
>
> Where you usually put machine identifiers in Windows. That is, on Windows
> 2000 and Windows XP, you go to the Control Panel, double-click the SYSTEM
> icon: somewhere in there is the entry you're after. On Windows XP, you
> click the Computer Name tab, and then the Network ID button. On Windows
> 2000, I can't remember (doing this from memory at the moment,
> having switched to Linux full-time at the weekend. If I had my vmware
> windows box running, I'd tell you for certain. If these admittedly vague
> instructions don't get you where you need to be, write back... I'll fire
> up the virtual machine just for you).

Here goes another one... Are you saying you've abandoned Windows ?? YOU? Anyway, no need to return for you on this:

On Windows 2000 you just right-click 'My Computer' on your desktop, select properties, then network identification and the rest is selfexplanatory  (or honky-dory as some people on this list like to put it:-) and if I understood the term correctly, english not beeing my natural tongue...)

Regards,

Holger Received on Mon Feb 10 2003 - 06:38:21 CST