Re: Oracle 9i SQLDBA

From: Useko Netsumi <usenets_at_nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 00:29:11 -0500

Howard, I knew that 'dbshut' and 'dbstart' are scripts. What is puzzling me is that it came from the installation and they don't work.

I have to do the sqlplus "/ as sysdba" command and then startup or shutdown to bring up and down the oracle.

Could have be there are bugs on the scripts itself?

Thanks.