Re: question about internals of oracle on linux

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 06:31:02 +1100

On Sun, 09 Feb 2003 06:45:13 +0000, MAASK Group wrote:

> rnel. I presume that an oracle server spawns a new
> thread for serving each query. Which threads does it use? As in POSIX
> threads ( created by pthread_create() ) or linux threads ( created by
> clone() ) ?? Also for protecting any shared (global) data among
> multiple threads or processes, does oracle use the linux semaphores
> (using semget(), semop() syste

I could have sworn that only Oracle on Windows uses a true multi-threaded architecture. That Oracle on Unix and Linux uses a multi-process architecture. And that if you ps -ef | grep <ORACLE_SID here>, you will see each of the processes listed.

But you might be talking about something else entirely, I guess.

Regards
HJR Received on Sun Feb 09 2003 - 13:31:02 CST