Re: Application Server 9.0.2 and Installation

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 06:29:15 +1100

On Sun, 09 Feb 2003 07:30:25 +0000, Phil wrote:

> Is there a way to install Oracle's Application Server on a machine
> that is not connected to the Internet? I will eventually get a
> broadband connection, but I want to configure the server first.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil

Yes, certainly. What's the problem?

However, the install will fail unless the machine you're installing on has a fully qualified domain name set. My Windows box, for example, is configured to be 'mozart_at_aldeburgh.local', which is good enough to convince the installer to proceed.

Regards
HJR Received on Sun Feb 09 2003 - 13:29:15 CST