Re: Total oracle newbie

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 23:01:23 +1000

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:pan.2003.02.08.21.03.42.499159_at_yahoo.com.au...
> On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:17:03 +0000, Anthony wrote:
>
> For the record, and speaking most definitely NOT as a salesman, the DBA
> Fundamentals courses (I and II) are about $2,800 each (and each lasts 5
> days, so you're paying about $560 per day). The Performance Tuning Course
> costs about $3,200 (another 5 days). And the SQL Course (which I don't
> teach) is probably another $2,500+, making a grand total of about $12,000.

Hi Howard,

I think when talking about training and the related costings and if it's "For the record", it's important to be accurate. As I've said in the past, generally speaking Oracle training is excellent but the pricing structure in my teeny weeny opinion is simply set too high.

Straight out of the Australian Oracle University website, the costs for these courses including GST are in fact (in AU$):

Or to put it in slightly different terms, approximately the cost of a family of four travelling from Australia to DisneyWorld in Florida, US for 2 weeks all expenses paid.

M I C K E Y M O U S E
Mickey Mouse Mickey Mouse ...

Richard Received on Sun Feb 09 2003 - 07:01:23 CST