Re: Problem with granting object permissions to a role

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 07:47:08 +1100

On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 11:38:51 +0000, Pete Sharman wrote:

>>Oh dear, Pete!! Pete!!!! What are you doing????? We most emphatically do
>>NOT want to recommend the DBA role to anyone. It's a dog's breakfast, and
>>deserves to put down (and I seem to recall a little bird telling me that it
>>would be before we hit 11.5i).
>
> I crawl abjectly and offer my humblest apologies for being in a hurry and
> bashing out something without looking up the specific privilege. :)
>
> I wasn't in fact attempting to indicate the DBA role was valuable, rather that
> this privilege was something that came with that role and was something that
> DBA's would want to use (rather than wanting to use the role).

Yeah, but the DBA role comes with *Everything*. I was just pointing out, joshingly, that the DBA role is deprecated, and supplied for backwards compatibility only.

> Now, just how far do I need to crawl on my belly before HJR talks to me again?
> :)

Just write out 100 times: 'I must not use the DBA role'. And that will be far enough, methinks.

Regards
HJR Received on Sat Feb 08 2003 - 14:47:08 CST