Re: Oracle 9i SQLDBA

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 11:08:02 +0100

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 01:53:31 -0500, "Useko Netsumi" <usenets_at_nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>I installed oracle 9i Enterprise sucessfully. Then I ran 'dbca' and create a
>'multipurpose' database. It went fine.
>
>I log in as scott/tiger and system/manager and they log me in fine.
>
>But then, I'm having problem running the following:
>
>dbshut
>sqldba
>svrmgrl
>etc...
>
>What other things do I have to do to be able to start and stop the database
>manually?
>
>Since I can't shutdown the db, I rebooted the server but unfortunately I
>can't bring up the database by running 'dbstart'.
>
>Does the 'dba' function has changed a lot since Oracle 7? Thanks.

dbshut is an Unix thingy. It won't work on Winblows sqldba has been deleted somewhere in Oracle 7 and been replaced by svrmgr(l)
svrmgrl is also history, it's functions have been merged into sql*plus connect internal is history and has been replaced by connect / as sysdba
All of which is of course in the release notes, so please read them, *especially* if you think you are familiar with Oracle.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Feb 08 2003 - 04:08:02 CST