Oracle 9i SQLDBA

From: Useko Netsumi <usenets_at_nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 01:53:31 -0500

I installed oracle 9i Enterprise sucessfully. Then I ran 'dbca' and create a 'multipurpose' database. It went fine.

I log in as scott/tiger and system/manager and they log me in fine.

But then, I'm having problem running the following:

dbshut
sqldba
svrmgrl
etc...

What other things do I have to do to be able to start and stop the database manually?

Since I can't shutdown the db, I rebooted the server but unfortunately I can't bring up the database by running 'dbstart'.

Does the 'dba' function has changed a lot since Oracle 7? Thanks. Received on Sat Feb 08 2003 - 00:53:31 CST