Oracle 9i Designer Repository Installation Problem

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 04:13:38 GMT

I am trying to install Oracle 9i Designer Repository on my Windows XP computer but with no success.

I think I've narrowed down my problem to my inability to log in as the SYS user without receiving the following error:

ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

I am somewhat a neophyte in installing Oracle software so using the SYS account. I can log in as the SYS account through the Oracle Enterprise Manager but I can't seem to be able to run the script files from there that I need to execute to install the Repository.

Will someone please be kind enough to help me out? I know it has to be something very simple I'm overlooking but I have no idea what it is and would like to get this software installed correctly so I can start trying to learn it more.

Thank you very much.

Dereck L. Dietz
dietzdl_at_ameritech.net Received on Fri Feb 07 2003 - 22:13:38 CST