Re: Strange ORA-00942 error

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 22:09:54 -0000

"Wayne Menzie" <waynem_at_bosmedtechdotcom.nospam> wrote in message news:Xns931B9070E783F8675309OU812_at_66.134.198.18...
> I'm getting an ORA-00942 (table or view does not exist) that doesn't
> make any sense. I'm able to select * from the table but any DML
> fails with the ORA-00942 error. This table is part of a multi master
> replication group and the other tables appear to be functioning
> properly. There are no invalid objects in the database at either
> master site and the repobjects are all valid as well. The same table
> at the master definition site does not exhibit this problem. As far
> as I can tell, the tables are identical at the two sites, except for
> this problem.
>
> This is happening Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 Enterprise Edition on Windows NT
> 4, SP 6a. I've run catalog.sql, catproc.sql and catrep.sql as SYS
> and the situation hasn't changed. The table has no triggers or
> foreign keys. Up until now, the system has been performing
> flawlessly and there are no configuration changes that I am aware of
> that might have caused this. I am perplexed and would appreciate any
> help you might have. Thank you.
>
> --
> Wayne Menzie

Wayne,

This is a long shot, so please accept my apologies if it doesn't help. Are you by any chance relying on synonyms at the snapshot site which point to objects at the master site? Or snapshots at the snapshot site which actually point to synonyms at the master site?

Regards,
Paul Received on Fri Feb 07 2003 - 16:09:54 CST