Re: oracle not coming up

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:11:10 -0800

SP wrote:

> I was able to connect as internal and restart. That's fine for me. I
> thought you can start Oracle server and listener as servies. That obviously
> didn't work.
> Thanks Oradba Linux for you reply.
> SP
> "Oradba Linux" <oradba_linux_at_attbi.com> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:32:14 +0000, SP wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > > The DBA that's looking after a development box (oracle 8.1.7 on windows
> > > 2000) is out. I restarted the box and Oracle and the listner sevvices
> are
> > > configured to start automatically but I couldn't connect. It's giving
> me
> > > ora-01034: oracle not available, ora-27101:shared memory realm does not
> > > exist. I restarted the services and still that doesn't work. I don't
> have
> > > any other privileged accounts. Why is Oracle not coming up?
> > > TIA,
> > > SP
> > Oracle is not surely up and running . check the event viewer
> > to see if there were any issues .

You can if it was installed and configured properly.My guess is that the environment variables ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID are not correct but there are a few other properties.

My guess is that whoever did the original install didn't follow the directions.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Feb 07 2003 - 15:11:10 CST