Re: Problem with granting object permissions to a role

From: Guido Konsolke <Guido.Konsolke_at_triaton.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:28:14 +0100

"Marc Eggenberger" wrote...
> Hi.
>
> I'm more or less new to Oracle. I did MSSQL and PostgreSQL until now.
>
> I have the following problem.
>
> I have to create a role where I have to add permissions on tables from 2
> different schemas. I connect via the OEM and tried as user sys but I get
> the error msg that I have insufficient privileges to create, edit or
> drop database objects outside of my schema.
>
> How can I do this? Isnt the sys user the "big-boss" user which can do
> everything?
>
> Any hints?
>
> --
> mfg
> Marc Eggenberger

Hi Marc,

sys is not such a big boss that he can steal / destroy / manipulate your objects (at least, not directly). You must log on as the user that owns the objects. Only the owner can grant privileges to others (unless another user has been granted privs ...WITH GRANT OPTION).

Nice weekend,
Guido Received on Fri Feb 07 2003 - 08:28:14 CST