Problem with granting object permissions to a role

From: Marc Eggenberger <marc.eggenberger_at_power.alstom.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:57:37 +0100

Hi.

I'm more or less new to Oracle. I did MSSQL and PostgreSQL until now.

I have the following problem.

I have to create a role where I have to add permissions on tables from 2 different schemas. I connect via the OEM and tried as user sys but I get the error msg that I have insufficient privileges to create, edit or drop database objects outside of my schema.

How can I do this? Isnt the sys user the "big-boss" user which can do everything?

Any hints?

--
mfg
Marc Eggenberger