Re: how to actually enable/disable INDEX usage...

From: Steve Ashmore <sashmore_at_neonramp.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 05:45:01 -0600

We think we figured this out yesterday. Using 8.1.7

Try this:

ALter index my_ind unusable;
alter session set SKIP_UNUSABLE_INDEXES = true; Do inserts
alter index my_ind rebuild;

Of course anyone else that tries to access the table using the index will fail.

Let me know how it goes.

Stephen C. Ashmore
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration http://www.brainbench.com
Author of: 'So You Want to be an Oracle DBA?'