OCP preparation...

From: Lukasz Feldman <lukasz_at_atm.com.pl>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:10:06 +0100

Hi!

I am preparing for first OCP exam 1Z0-007. I decided to use as a helping tutorial book: "Oracle OCA Oracle 9i Associate DBA Certification Exam Guide" from OraclePress/Osborne (ISBN 0-07-222536-X) In Chapter 5 in Two Minutes Drill I found a sentence with makes me a little confused:

"PRIMARY KEY constraint can be added with a table constraint definition by using the alter table add (constraint constraint_name primary key (column_name)) statement or with a column constraint definition by using the alter table modify (column_name constraint constraint_name primary key) statement"

In my opinion based on SQLPlus practice experience alter table modify command shouldn't be used for adding primary key even as a column constraint. Am I right? Maybe I missed something...

BR,

Lukasz Feldman

Łukasz Feldman, Konsultant
Dział Zarzadzania Systemami Teleinformatycznymi; ATM S.A., ul. Grochowska 21a, 04-186 Warszawa, POLAND tel (+48 22) 5156369, fax (+48 22) 5156146, mobile (+48) 607 167 634 , http://www.atm.com.pl Received on Fri Feb 07 2003 - 05:10:06 CST