Re: Backup question

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2003 22:54:36 -0800

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3E428B8A.CC5ECE6E_at_exesolutions.com>...
> Huwy wrote:
>
> > I have recently been asked to develop a disaster recovery plan for an Oracle
> > (v7) server running NT4 server. Not knowing anything about Oracle I was
> > hoping someone could recommend a good strategy.
> >
> > TIA,
>
> The other replies are excellent but the first step in any disaster recovery plan
> should be to upgrade from your current usage of an obsolete unsupported version
> of Oracle running on an operating system for which it was never certified.
>
> That is a recipe for disaster.
>
> And it won't do anyone's resume' any good either.
>
> NOTE: Crosspost removed. Please only post to a single c.d.o. group.
>
> Daniel Morgan

HA!
you would want to perform a 7.3 to 8.1.7 migration without good backups in place? surely, you meant otherwise.
Talk about a recipe for disaster. :)

So the zeroth step should be getting a good cold backup and full export asap. documenting the existing configuration wouldn't hurt, either.

glad its Friday.

Paul Received on Fri Feb 07 2003 - 00:54:36 CST