Re: ORA-12054 when creating materialized view

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2003 22:43:31 -0800

Determining where or not a MV can or can not be built as "ON COMMIT" of "FAST" refreshable can be tricky. There are more rules than I care to remember. I basically deal with it on a case by case basis. I remember that to use "ON COMMIT" the MV must have single table aggregate or a join (much like your MV), though I have no problem using the "ON COMMIT" without aggregate or join with 9i. You can use DBMS_MVIEW.explain_mview to help you decide what is possible with an MV - though I can not remember if 8.1.7 has this package.