trouble with in-doubt transactions

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 23:07:15 GMT

I have 2 new (8.1.7.4) databases that are using distributed transactions to keep in sync, which in the past I havent had a lot to do with. In the alert.log are literally dozens of ORA-02068 and ORA-03113 errors, I checked the dblink, listeners etc on both and all seems well. There is also 8 in doubt transactions showing up that will not let me force a rollback on them, it just shows a ORA-02058: no prepared transaction found with id "DBNAME.blahblah". Despite all of this the databases seem to be keeping in sync, but I'd like to get rid of these in-doubt transactions as well as clear up these errors I'm getting in the alert log and RECO.trc files

The developers / vendors seem stymied, and are suggesting that it may be because I am running online backups and archivelog mode (something new to them) I'm not buying it as I can see no relation between the two.

suggestions anyone?

TIA Received on Thu Feb 06 2003 - 17:07:15 CST