Oracle 9i on Sun Fire V100 or V120

From: Malcolm Stonebridge <malc_at_stoneyb.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:26:31 -0000

Hello,

I'm after a low end Solaris 8 (SPARC) machine to use for a small (size and number of concurrent users - 5-10Gb and up to 25 users - 10 at a time more probable) Oracle 9i standard edition database and was considering the Sun Fire V100 or V120 (mirroring etc. not a problem - testing stuff). Has anyone actually installed this edition of Oracle on one of these machines ? Any suggestions ? I consider an E280R would be better but much more expensive (and can you get these with just one CPU ?)

Thanks in advance,

Malc. Received on Thu Feb 06 2003 - 15:26:31 CST